|Bleed me dry|
Blood Oath is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Stabs Isaac at the beginning of each floor, draining all but half a heart of his red heart containers.
- Increases damage and speed each time Isaac is stabbed. The stat increases the scale with the amount of health lost.
- Isaac can avoid damage from Blood Oath with invincibility, but he won't gain the damage and speed increase if he does.
- If Isaac is already at half a red heart, no blood is taken and no stat increase is granted.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It is possible to prevent red hearts from draining while still gaining the stat increases, as long as Isaac's speed is high enough to immediately leave the starting room.
- This item does not affect The Lost or ???; they don't take damage and get no stat increases.
- Being stabbed does not remove Eternal Hearts.
- If Isaac has Rotten Hearts, each Rotten Heart leads to the loss of half a Soul Heart.
- If Isaac does not have enough Soul Hearts, he will die.
- Being stabbed does not affect the chance for Devil/Angel rooms to appear.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Bloody Lust: Damage taken by Blood Oath at the beginning of the floor triggers the Bloody Lust damage bonus for each half-heart lost. By losing more than 3 Red Hearts, it is possible to gain the max damage bonus of Bloody Lust at the beginning of the floor.
- BFFS!: Increases the amount of damage Blood Oath gives you.
- The Habit: Grants 1 charge per half-heart taken by Blood Oath.
- Menorah: Lights one candle per half-heart taken by Blood Oath.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Gnawed Leaf: If Blood Oath stabs while Isaac is in statue form, he takes no damage but also receives no damage bonus.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Bug! If the player has at least one Rotten Heart, damage from Blood Oath takes away every red heart, usually resulting in immediate death unless the player has soul hearts.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item originated from the Binding of Isaac: Community Remix mod. However, it just gave a damage bonus that degraded linearly with red health.
- The appearance of the familiar changes depending on the amount of health it has taken on the current floor: it stays clean if no health was taken and becomes bloodier the more health was taken.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
R6HB VG08 (First floor curse room)