Book Of Virtues
|Book Of Virtues|
|Defeat Isaac as Bethany.|
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Summons an orbiting wisp familiar that fires spectral tears, deals contact damage to enemies, and blocks enemy shots.
- Wisps can take two hits before they are destroyed.
- A maximum of 16 wisps can be active at once: one inner ring of eight and an outer ring of eight.
- Using the item while at the maximum number of wisps regenerates three random wisps that have been hit.
- Increases the chance of finding Angel Rooms while held (they will be around three times as likely to spawn as Devil Rooms).
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Book of Virtues has a special effect with Bethany, as the colors of soul hearts are tracked and used as energy for activated collectibles.
- When regularly charged or a soul heart is consumed, a blue wisp is created.
- If a black heart is consumed, it will create a black wisp that fires a tear that can inflict fear.
- If a black heart is consumed, the standard effect of damaging the enemies in the room will occur.
- White hearts create a white wisp that regenerates after a room is cleared. If the white wisp is fully regenerated, it will regenerate one existing wisp. If all wisps are fully regenerated, it will spawn a new blue wisp. The tears fired by white wisps also have the Lost Contact effect.
- Wisps take no damage from lasers, brimstone, or explosions, and do not protect the player from any of these.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Bug! When walking towards an obstacle without flight or a room wall. the outer orbital will move forward instead of around the player itself, affecting the circular patron and place of the tears fired by the flames.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item originated from the Binding of Isaac: Community Remix mod. However, it gave a random item effect on a 6 room recharge instead of its current effect.