|All your desires fulfilled|
|Defeat The Witness as Jacob & Esau.|
Magic Skin is an active item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Generates one item from the current room's item pool.
- Consumes 1 heart container or 2 soul hearts and turns them into a broken heart, which permanently decreases the maximum health limit.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- After using Magic Skin, if Isaac discards it and picks up another active item, Magic Skin will continue to appear in places such as Golden Chests and Treasure Rooms.
- The more times Isaac uses Magic Skin, the higher chance Magic Skin will respawn.
- Each new Magic Skin is fully recharged.
- Magic Skin must be kept to prevent it from respawning; otherwise, new items will be replaced with Magic Skin in the future.
- If Isaac has the Schoolbag, Isaac can keep Magic Skin in the inactive slot to prevent its respawning while still be able to use another active items.
- After 12 uses, Isaac dies instantly.
- If Isaac has extra lives, he will be revived with one heart, but picking up any new items kills Isaac instantly.
- The Lost can use this item infinitely as he cannot gain broken hearts due to a lack of health.
- Dying and reviving using any item does not repair the heart containers.
- Collecting Missing No. while Magic Skin is not in your inventory after using Magic Skin at least once may replace all of your items with a single Magic Skin, even removing any transformations.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This is a reference to the book by Honoré de Balzac called La Peau de chagrin. In the story, the main character finds a special talisman that grants wishes, but each wish weakens him and causes the talisman to become smaller, as well as his lifetime.