Corpse is a new environment added in Antibirth.
Once all three knife pieces have been acquired, upon completing Mausoleum II, a red fleshy door will appear. On subsequent runs, this door will appear regardless of whether or not you have all three knife pieces. Stabbing the door with the knife or Mom's Knife will open it, leading to a more difficult variant of Mom's Heart. After defeating Mom's Heart, the trapdoor previously leading to the Womb will now lead to the Corpse.
||Flies towards Isaac. Upon death, farts and sends out 6 blood shots in all directions.|
||Jumps towards Isaac like a Trite. When it jumps, it fires a red shot towards Isaac. Occasionally, it stands still and spews a chaotic burst of red shots.|
||Moves around the room and charges at Isaac if he gets within its line of sight. Constantly lashes out with its whip.|
||Charges towards Isaac when he's in their line of sight, and burrows in the ground to either pop out the side of the wall or the ceiling.|
||Wanders around the room, and slowly follows Isaac when he's in its line of sight. Occasionally spews clusters of green shots towards Isaac.|
||Hops around, occasionally stopping to spew out a cluster of blood shots at Isaac. Upon death, spawns four Globins.|
||Creates beams of electricity to other enemies in the room. Touching the electricity damages Isaac. Cannot be killed.|
||Attaches itself to a wall or obstacle and rolls around it while periodically firing blood shots at Isaac.|
||Spits outs its guts, which latch onto Isaac, dealing no damage but slowly drawing Isaac closer to it, impeding movement.|
||Continuously creates a gas cloud around them.|
||Lays Pustules on the ground. Explodes into Small Maggots when killed.|
||Grows until it bursts into Small Maggots, and leaves a small puddle of green creep.|
||Chases down Isaac, and may explode into Small Maggots.|
|Sick Boom Fly
||Flies around the room diagonally. Upon death, creates a large poison cloud.|
||Slowly crawls around the room randomly.|
||Travels back and forth in a straight line across a room. Cannot be killed.|
||Slowly floats towards Isaac, occasionally firing blood shots. Cannot be killed and dies when the room is cleared.|
||Alternates between chasing Isaac and leaping at him.|
||Walks around the room and explodes into Small Maggots upon death.|
||Spins and floats around the room towards Isaac, and can teleport randomly.|
Rebirth Monsters[edit | edit source]
Floor 1[edit source]
Floor 2[edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Unlocking the entrance to the Corpse takes away the knife.
- Using Dad's Key allows Isaac to keep the knife.
Music[edit | edit source]
- The track that plays in the Corpse is titled Drowning.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Corpse started out as a mockup for a fight against Ur-Gurdy by NotYourSagittarius. which she expanded upon later on with a set of enemies.
- Corpse is referred to on Isaac's Last Will as "Some Dead Place".
- As the name implies, Corpse takes place in the insides of Isaac's dead mother after he kills her heart.
- One of the shadows seen looming over the Corpse floor resembles what could be a giant spider with sharp-tipped legs.
- The Lumps that appear in the Corpse resemble their original appearance in the original version of the game.
|Chapter 1||Chapter 2||Chapter 3||Chapter 4|