Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Wormwood is a boss that appears in Downpour.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Wormwood has several attack patterns:
- Pops out of the water and spits a spray of tears at Isaac.
- Occasionally, he jumps out of the water and charges towards Isaac. Shortly after jumping out, it will shoot tears in cardinal directions.
- Once he reaches about 33% health he will execute a series of attacks.
- Swims under Isaac and punches his tail through the ground 5 to 7 times, which can damage Isaac and leave holes in the ground.
- Afterwards, the screen starts shaking. After a short delay, he will break through one of the walls to the left or right and charge at Isaac at a high speed. He will spawn Small Leeches as he crashes through.
- After this attack, he resumes using his first 2 attacks.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- While jumping, he can jump over Isaac's tears.
- Wormwood can only emerge and submerge at holes in the floor.
- The holes he leaves in the ground may leave certain exits to the boss room inaccessible.
- The tails that he punches up through the floor cannot be damaged.
- When encountered in The Womb, Utero, or The Corpse, Wormwood changes color to match the floor.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Wormwood's attack patterns bear high similarity to Pin's.
- His name is a reference to the Biblical Wormwood. It is a star that, according to the Book of Revelation, will fall on a third of the Earth's water, which will turn the water bitter and deadly to drink.